Festival competitions, workshops, sessions & meets
Fun with festival flags competition
We decided to mark the non-Ely Folk Festival of 2020 by creating a festival flag. The winning entry will be transformed into a flag that will fly above the festival site for years to come. The competition is open to all and in addition to seeing their design made up into a festival flag, the winning entry will receive a voucher for £50.00. Additionally, the entry judged best that is submitted by entrants aged 16 or under will receive a voucher for £25.00. How to enter this competition:
- The design should celebrate what makes Ely Folk Festival distinctive; that could be its location, its character, its special qualities. The design should be simple and eye-catching, particularly when seen from a distance.
- The design should incorporate a maximum of three colours that are the yellow, blue and pink of the festival logo.
- A maximum of two entries per person are permitted.
- The designs should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries can be a scan or a photo of your design. Please include your name and address with your entry. If you are aged 16 years or below, please get your parents’ or guardians’ permission before entering the competition and include details of your age with your entry.
- The closing date for submission of entries is Sunday 13 September.
- Entries will be judged by the festival committee and their decision will be binding.
- The festival committee reserves the right to use the material submitted for the competition for publicity purposes.
- The winning entry will be announced by end of October.
- Any queries should be submitted to email@example.com
Thank you to all who entered our 2020 Band Competition and Youth Folk Challenge. A wonderful standard and variety of talent among the entrants. The competition is now closed. As the 2020 festival has been postponed to 2021, we will rollover submitted entries until then for judging. We will look to reopen the Band Competition and Youth Folk Challenge for any additional entries in early 2021.
Congratulations to the following who were competition winners at our 2019 festival: Tell Tale Tusk who won our Band Competition; Abhainn, Jasmine Canham & Oliver Cross who were winners of our Youth Folk Challenge; 10 year old Niamh who won our ‘Name the Festival Dog’ competition with her suggestion of Banjo; Andy Taylor and Rita Jennings who submitted the winning entries below in our Festival Photo Competition.