As the 2020 festival has been postponed due to Covid-19, if you had already bought a ticket, we would be delighted if you are willing to roll-over it over to the 2021 festival as this is the best way to support us in ensuring the future of the festival. We have worked with the Apex box office to arrange the process for roll-over or refund of tickets and the Apex will contact those who bought festival tickets directly to check if they wish to roll-over their tickets to next year or secure a refund. The Apex box office has several cancelled and postponed upcoming events to deal with and they are doing this in chronological order – we will post up on this website and facebook once we know when the contact process will start with an indication of how long the Apex expects it will take to contact you all. In the meantime, we would be grateful if festival customers could refrain from contacting the Apex box office as it is currently dealing with a high volume of calls and emails during this unprecedented period. Update: The Apex box office will start contacting by email or phone during week starting 20th April, all those who had bought tickets for the 2020 festival to check if they wish to roll-over their tickets to the 2021 festival or prefer to get a refund. Please be patient as it may take the Apex a little time to contact all festival ticket-purchasers. Thanks.
The festival box office will remain open and it will be possible to buy tickets for the 2021 festival which is a great way of supporting its continued success. Details of how to book tickets and ticket prices for the 2021 festival are set out below. A couple of items to note:
• Reduced price early bird weekend tickets are available until end of May 2021 – savings of up to £12 per ticket
• Anyone wishing to camp and bring their dog will need to book a camping pitch on campsites 1 or 4 as the rugby club has introduced a no dog policy on their land. Well-behaved dogs will ofcourse continue to be welcome in the festival arena area and campsites 1 and 4.
• Children under 12 years old get free access when accompanied by a ticket-buying adult.
Details about the various ways you can book tickets are set out below. Check out our EFF-ticket-booking-guidance 2020 amended word version (1) to help you book festival tickets and camping pitches.
1. Book online by following this link www.whatsonwestsuffolk.co.uk/whats-on/index.cfm and type Ely Folk Festival into the search box. Note that the tickets are listed as separate events. If booking camping, please read the guidance notes BEFORE going to the apex website and check out the Site Plan 2020 showing the different camping areas available.
2. Book by phone, call the apex box office on 01284 758000
3. Book in person at the apex theatre during opening hours (check https://www.theapex.co.uk/ for details)
4. Book by post by downloading the EFF booking form 2020 and send it with your payment by cheque (payable to West Suffolk Council) to:- the Apex, Charter Square, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 3FD.
Weekend tickets (no camping):
Adult: until 31 May 2021 – £83; from 1 June – £95
Child (12-17 years): until 31 May 2021 – £27; from 1 June 2021 – £33
Concessions (over 65 / registered disabled): until 31 May 2021 – £74; from 1 June 2021 – £86
Weekend ticket with camping:
Adult: until 31 May 2021 – £95; from 1 June 2021- £107
Child (12-17 years): until 31 May 2021 – £33; from 1 June 2021- £39
Concessions (over 65 / registered disabled): until 31 May 2021- £86; from 1 June 2021- £98
Tent pitch (in association with weekend ticket): £1
Caravan/campervan pitch (in association with weekend ticket): £10
Child (12-17 years): £9
Child (12-17 years): £18
Child (12-17 years): £15