Ely Folk Festival 2021
Ely Folk Festival is a bijou weekend folk and roots music festival that takes place in the wonderful cathedral city of Ely. The festival is an opportunity to listen to some of the best folk and roots acts around in an intimate and friendly environment. With on-site camping facilities, a real ale bar, lots of kids activities, morris dancing displays, ceilidhs, workshops and music sessions, whether you visit for a day or the whole weekend, the festival is a sure winner for music and festival lovers of all ages.
These videos are from some of the artists we hope to see performing at Ely Folk Festival this year.
We're delighted to book The Finn Collinson Band, Kelvin Davies and The Gravy Train as part of our Local Bands Showcase bringing folk rock, blues...
Alas, covid restrictions on travel mean that Daphne's Flight will be unable to perform at Ely Folk Festival 2021. However, we're absolutely...
All sound systems are go for a great weekend of music at Ely Folk Festival 2021. The majority of great music acts we had booked for 2020 festival...
Planning for our 2021 Festival
We are now working hard planning a safe, fun and fabulous 2021 Ely Folk Festival. Some of the measures we’ll be putting in place around the festival site to make it safe for visitors, artists, traders, stewards & all who help out over the festival weekend are:
- There will be two outdoor stages – one approximately in the same location as the main marquee in previous years; the second stage will be located in the adjacent field which regulars will know as campsite 4.
- We will continue to have workshops, singarounds, sessions and informal artists’ meets where we can do so safely
- Pedestrian routes will be designated around the festival site to enable you to move safely from one area of the festival site to another
- We will demarcate areas in front of the stages to accommodate small groups in their own socially distanced ‘bubbles’.
- We will put in place safe ways for ordering & collecting drinks from the bar including use of an app.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided around the festival site, and there will be more portaloos.
- The traders area will be laid out to ensure social distancing guidelines are met.
- There will be more stewards on hand to help with keeping the festival site clean and all our visitors safe.
These are just some of the measures we propose to put in place. More details will be released over the coming months. Ofcourse, we will continue to be guided by government guidance and will adapt what we do to reflect it.
About Ely Folk Festival
With its beautiful cathedral towering majestically above the surrounding countryside, the City of Ely lies in the heart of the Cambridgeshire Fens, famed for spectacular sunsets and the vast open sky. What better location for a weekend of the best in folk music and dance?
Each Ely Folk Festival is better than the last, with an impressive guest list and programme of workshops, concerts, morris displays, ceilidhs and children’s entertainment. The musicians appearing at the Ely Folk Festival reflect the rich diversity of the modern folk and roots music scene, with a mixture of established favourites and newer talent.
We are proud to remain a small, friendly festival. That means that you can meet the artists ‘unplugged’, take part in workshops, dances, sessions or perform in the Club Tent, and you can get really close to the main stages. The Folk Festival is based on a single site which includes marquees, camping facilities, food stalls, trade stands, real-ale bar, & children’s entertainment. Ely city centre is accessible by shuttle bus or 20 minutes’ walk. Morris sides perform on the festival site and in town on Saturday and Sunday.
There is space for tents and caravans on site, and free parking is located on the festival site. For alternative accommodation contact the Ely Tourist Information Centre on 01353 662062 or www.visitely.org.uk