2018 Competitionstunebook 3
Thank you to all who entered our 2018 Band Competition and Youth Challenge Competition. We’ll announce the winning entries here shortly.
We’ve got lots of great workshops lined up for you to take part in, including:
- Scots Singer Iona Fyfe will host a song workshop on Saturday afternoon focusing on songs from the North East and the Greig-Duncan Folk Song Collection and teaching songs from various scots styles and repertoires.
- A slide guitar workshop will be run by blues legend Johnny Dickinson on Saturday afternoon.
- New for 2018 are our Easy ‘n Slow sessions for playing popular tunes from the English tradition. You can download the tunebook – tunebook 3 – and learn some of the tunes in advance – all are in G & can be played on a wide range of instruments. The sessions will be led by David Savage & will take place on Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon.
- John Blackwell of BOD Drums will run a beginners’ bodhran workshop on Sunday morning.
- Back by popular demand is Fiona Davies with her East Anglian Step Dance workshop on Saturday morning.
- The Willows will run a fiddle workshop on Saturday morning.
- Morris dance workshops on Sunday morning and afternoon with The Witchmen and Golden Star Morris
- Yoga workshops on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- Meet Flossie Malavialle up close & personal on Sunday afternoon to enjoy her humour, stories and music at close quarters.
2017 Photo Competition: The theme was It’s all about the music, and the winners were Stephen Beaver for capturing the exuberance and energy of Elvis Fontenot on stage in Marquee 1 and Clare Collins for her candid shot of one of our younger visitors entranced by the music. Well done to both. We’ll publish details on how to enter our 2018 Photo Competition here in due course.